Eloise owner working to address ‘geotechnical risk’
The Queensland Mines Inspectorate ordered the halt in activity on Monday (November 18) due to safety concerns.
An FMR Investments spokesman said the safety of the workforce was the company’s highest priority and “we will always manage our operations safely”.
Site management had been working with the relevant authorities and independent consultants to address concerns about a potential geotechnical risk, the spokesman said.
“Information required to complete a final report is being obtained and we expect to submit the report to the department in the near-term,” he said.
“We are confident the issue can be addressed and resolved to the satisfaction of all involved, with the welfare of our workforce being at the forefront of our thoughts.”
The mine, about 60km south-east of Cloncurry, is understood to employ about 200 employees and contractors.